Search ...I'm Outta My Mind...

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dragonball Finally Makes it Out to the Cinemas

Tell me anyone who hasn't heard of the famous Super-saiyan jin Son Goku and his pals in Dragonball? Or Mutiara Naga as we say it in Malay.


If there happens to be some out of this world people who really don't know about it, or anybody who'd like to refresh their memories, read here.

I've always enjoyed reading Dragonball manga, started reading them in standard 4. I still remembered the first edition I had (actually my father bought it for auzaie), it was #28, Goku against Fliza. It was truly love at first sight (or love at first reading to be precise). Once I started reading it, there was always an eagerness to find out what was going to happen next. And so more and more books were either bought or borrowed. Back then, the mangas were published once or twice a month and it cost RM3.50 or so. Waiting for an issue to come out was forever!

You can read the mangga issues 1-14 here.


Owh ya, I always bought the mangas secretly, i.e, I kept it between me and Auzaie. But my nosy sister (at that time) had to spoil the party and reported the 'serious issue' to my mother. As a result, the books were thrown away.. booohooo..

And to my surprise today, I found out that Hollywood was finally and actually making the long awaited Dragonball movie! YEAH!!

I remembered sometime in high school I read this Gempaq magazine and it said something about the DG movie coming out in 2007/08. Guess it never did. Hugh Jackman was supposed to be Goku but declined.

So, now the movie is in the status of post-production and the release date would be on 8 April 2009. The plot goes all the way back to when Goku was a young boy in his quest for dragonballs to prevent the evil Piccolo from obtaining them first. Sayang seribu sayang, since the plot was during that time, takde la Bezzita, Gohan and co. Among the cast, Goku is played by Justin Chatwin (The Invisible), Piccolo/Pikor/Nameck is played by James Marsters (orang jahat dalam Smallville).

Hopefully, this would be the first of a few more DG movies. They obviously need to have one with Bezzita, Gohan, Cell, Fliza, and the gang. I say there should be at least four sequences to that movie. But then again isn't four too odd a number for sequences?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nooo..Dragon Ball org putih?? Not being racist but sooo x sesuai, no?
adeyh spoiler sungguh.

Hubab Al Munzir Asmawi said...

hahah.. tuh la pasal.. but i don't think japanese can afford or even have the ability to produce special effects needed for dragonball.

camne derang nak buat super saiya, kamehameha, bola jiwa dll tuh eh? huhu

Ashwaq said...

oittt..slumber gile kutuk jepun..aiyaaa..jepun lagi power laaa...derang just tak buat je kottt...

agaknye derang translate kot super saiya and all those stuff to bahase inggeris..it'll be sumthing like...fist of the dragon, ball of fury ke..haha...but it's gonna be weird

Hubab Al Munzir Asmawi said...

When it comes to movies, I don't think anyone can beat Hollywood. And it's obvious that only America can produce very2 high budget films.

Count