Search ...I'm Outta My Mind...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Balek KB lagi

So last weekend was my fourth time going back to Kota Bharu over the past 2 months. I've made myself so familiar with Kb, that for the first time, I was able to drive my way back and forth from some notable places in the town.

I went back to KB this time following my dad as he had to distribute my sister's wedding cards to some relatives and friends there. Initially we wanted to depart from Sg. Buloh as early as 1 am Saturday morning, but over slept meant we had to postpone it till 9.30 am. And I drove all the 7 hours, stopping for bathroom twice and for lunch. That was by far the longest distance I drove single handily.

This time around, Alhamdulillah, there were no more tragic accidents. However, the pick of my stay in KB this time was that I had my first taste of durian for the first time in at least 5-6 years!hehe..I actually ate durian, and not just 1, but 3! My aunts and uncles had been persuading me all along to have a taste of the durians from my grandfather's orchard. We easily get 100 durians a day and the durians are said to be of the highest quality, durians you won't be able to find anywhere else.

They persuaded me to an extent they even asked me to join them durian picking, which I reluctantly followed. We got two big buckets full of them. And once back, they persuaded me some more, saying how much I was missing out on the taste. The temptation was there, and pretty soon, I bucked under the power of persuasion and tried two pieces of it. Then after that, they urged me to try another piece, this time from one so called durian raja. Durians are said to be the kings of fuits, and this durian, is the king of all durians, they say. Lol. Again I bucked. And it took me almost half an hour to finish them!


Here's my review. The first two were ok. They didn't taste as bad, but not good either. Surely not something I would go craving for and go crazy after. But I could accept the taste. However, the durian raja, despite all what was said about it, for me tasted really bad! I couldn't accept that after taste, and had to hold myself from throwing up. It was one of those nightmares!

So that was my story for the weekend. Btw, this is the last week of my two month internship at SIRIM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wes,sjak bla mg leh mkn durian ni.skoloh dulu mg nakut gla nk mkn durian

Hubab Al Munzir Asmawi said...

hehe.. kene pujuk sumi weh,.. kalau dop sapa mapuh aku dop makang..tunggu 4-5 tahun lagi aku makan lagi,,hahah

Count