Search ...I'm Outta My Mind...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Special One special no more?

Reports are circling that the outspoken Portuguese manager, Jose Mourinho was sacked from his position as Chelsea fc head coach. I was shocked! I mean who wasn't? We're not talking about any Tom, Dick or Harry here. We're talking about Mourinho!

Mourinho is pictured here managing his last match for Chelsea against Rosenberg

Read the full coverage here and here.

And I am no Chelsea fan to be the least. Heck, I'm Liverpool all the way. But I for one had the littlest of ideas that after winning back to back English Premier League's, the Chelsea board decided to part with him. The self proclaimed 'special one's' future was sorted out earlier in the evening after Chelsea's surprise draw with lowly Rosenberg in their opening UCL match yesterday night.

Mourinho was reported to have had a sour relationship with multibillionare owner, Roman Abrahmovic regarding Chelsea's dull play style, Shevchenko, and what not. I wonder who would the Russian tycoon put at Chelsea's helm this time. And btw, Mourinho was the second manager to be fired by Abrahamovic.

My verdict: Chelsea is left in a crisis within their own ranks. Surely, the future is still in doubt for Chelsea. Mourinho's exit left Chelsea in turmoil. He's probably the only one able to contain the good atmosphere in Chelsea's star studded team.

No comments:

Count