Search ...I'm Outta My Mind...

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Of Allah's Mercy

In the Hadith Qudsi, there are lots and lots of hadith mentioning the greatness of Allah's forgiveness. He is, after all The Most Merciful. Here, I include one of them. This hadith was mentioned in today's Friday prayer khutbah.

"Allah the Almighty said: O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it." -narrated by at-Tirmidhi and al-Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal.

Again, Allah is Most Merciful. No matter what sin we do, Allah forgives. That is, of course, with the exceptence of ascribing a god other than Allah. Nauzubillah.

We run, we fall, we pick ourselves up, we dust ourselves off, and we continue running.

No comments:

Count