Search ...I'm Outta My Mind...

Friday, June 15, 2007

A repeat of the Cho tragedy?

Innalillah Wa Ina Ilahhi Rajiun.

I just got word from my sister that a former student of my mother was killed two days ago in Egypt when another malay student ran amok.

Muhammad bin Ishak died due to severe injury to the neck, eye and head after being stabbed many times with 3 knives by another Malay student, beleived to be crazy. After being stabbed, Muhammad was able to run to the balcony of his apartment, alerting the arabs in the market below to come to his aid. The arabs arrested the suspect and sent the victim to hospital.
However, due to severe head wounds, he was unable to be saved.

This incident gave me a great sence of deja vu, reminding me of the Virginia Tech trajedy which happened just a few months back. The suspect in this incident was also believed to be suffering
mental problems and was usually left out by other students due to his problems

What grief and sarrow this incident has brought us, especially to the parents. Sending their child away was hard, receiving their jenazah is just unimaginable. Al-fatihah.

No comments:

Count